Sunday, August 16, 2009

October Circle

Merrily, merrily greet the morn, cheerily, cheerily sound the horn, hark the echoes, hear them play, o'er the hills and far away.

(light the candle) Rise up o flame, by thy light glowing, bring to us beauty, vision, and joy.

There's the firm earth under me, The blue sky above me, So I stride, So I stand, And I see you too, With the blue sky above you, And the firm earth below you.

I'm in the mood for singing, hey how about you? I'm in the mood for singing, singing along with you. Hey, hey, what do you say? I'm in the mood for that today! Hey, hey, what do you say? I'm in the mood for that! (clapping, stomping, jumping....) -Raffi

The world is full of colour!/ 'Tis Autumn once again/ And leaves of gold and crimson/ Are lying in the lane. (Week 1)
There are brown and yellow acorns/ Berries and scarlet haws/ Amber gorse and heather/ Purple across the moors! (Week 2)
Green apples in the orchard/ Flushed by a glowing sun;/ Mellow pears and brambles/ Where coloured pheasants run! (Week 3)
Yellow, blue and orange,/ Russet, rose and red-/A gaily-coloured pageant-/An Autumn Flower bed. (Week 4)

Sowing in the morning, sowing seeds of kindness/Sowing in the noontide and the dewy eve
Waiting for the harvest and the time of reaping/ We shall come rejoicing, bringing in the sheaves.
Bringing in the sheaves, bringing in the sheaves/We shall come rejoicing, bringing in the sheaves.
Sowing in the sunshine, sowing in the shadows/ Fearing neither clouds nor winter's chilling breeze
By and by the harvest and the labor ended/ We shall come rejoicing, bringing in the sheaves.
Bringing in the sheaves, bringing in the sheaves/We shall come rejoicing, bringing in the sheaves.

Uncover a pile of bean bag "potatoes" and fill the basket with our "harvest" tossing one by one to each other then into the basket.

Whether the weather be fine, or whether the weather be not,
Whether the weather be cold, or whether the weather be hot,
We'll weather the weather, whatever the weather, whether we like it or not!


Dump a little basket of acorns, chestnuts, walnuts (all previously gathered from the neighborhood) and lets pick them all up with our toes, quick, quick and lively!

Something told the wild geese/ It was time to go./ Though the fields lay golden/ Something whispered "snow"./ Leaves were green and stirring/ Berries, luster-glossed/ But beneath warm feathers/ Something whispered "frost"./ All the sagging orchards/ Steamed with amber spices/ but each wild breast stiffened/ With remembered ice./Something told the wild geese/ It was time to fly-/ Summer sun was on their wings/ Winter in their cry. -Rachel Field

The lone wild bird in lofty flight/Is still with thee nor leaves thy sight
And I am thine, I rest in thee/ Holy spirit come rest in me.
The ends of the earth are in thy hands/ The sea's dark deep and no man's land,
And I am thine, I rest in thee/ Holy spirit come rest in me.

(Jumping over a still jumprope) The sea is calm, the morn is too. We sail today, for world anew.
(Jumping over a fast rope) The sea is wild, our ship is tossed. The skies are dark, all hope is lost!
(Jumping calm) The storm is gone, as is the night. Our ship sails on, Land is in sight!

Tho my sails be torn and tattered and the mast be turned about
Let the night wind chill me to my very soul
Tho the spray might sting my eyes and the stars no light provide
Give me just another morning light to hold.
And I will not lie me down this rain a-raging
I will not lie me down in such a storm
And if this night be unblessed I shall not take my rest
Til I reach another shore.
Tho the only water left is but salt to wound my thirst
I will drink the rain that falls so steady down
And tho night's blindness be my gift and there be thieves upon my drift
I will praise this fog that shelters me along.
And I will not lie me down....
And tho my mates be drained and weary and believe their hopes are lost
There's no need for their bones on that blackened bottom
And tho death waits just off the bow, they shall not answer to him now
He shall stand to face the morning without us. -Rod McDonald

Brave and true I will be, Each good deed sets me free. I will strive for the right, I will conquer the wrong. I will speak only truth, I will stand tall and bold. I will take another's hand, my heart will shine like gold.

I can turn myself and turn myself, and curl up as I will. I can stand on tiptoe, reaching high, I can hold myself quite still. I can be as small as a small, small seed, I can be as tall as a tall, tall tree. I can be as wide as the wide, wide world, I can just be me!

No comments:

Post a Comment